- Students’ personally identifiable information (“Student PII”) and other student data we store in the provision of our services (collectively, “Student Data”) will be kept confidential and will not be sold, used for advertising, or for any other commercial purpose. The Company may share information as required by law in response to valid legal process and also may cooperate, when appropriate, with law enforcement.
- Student Data is retained only for educational purposes. Upon receiving a deletion request, or if the student is no longer considered an active user (Class discontinues use of Allelo or student account is inactive for greater than 90 days) then the corresponding Students’ Data will no longer be retained. Student Data may be incidentally retained in The Company’s disaster recovery and/or backup systems for no more than 90 days
- The Company does not sell advertising, and we don’t try to sell products to students. We only collect information for the purpose of providing our services and improving them.
- Parents (of students under 18) have the right to review all Student Data we have relating to their child, and (upon completion of any classes or programs they are enrolled in) may request its deletion.
- The Company exceeds industry standards and best practices to protect and maintain the confidentiality and privacy of Student Data, including but not limited to the use of encryption, firewalls, and multi-factor authentication.
- The Company offers a free training and educational program for students, teachers, and schools to help them play their part in maintaining information security.
- If students, teachers, or parents have any questions about privacy, they can direct those questions to email@example.com. We aim to respond to all questions within 48 hours.
- If a breach or unauthorized release of Student PII occurs, The Company will notify students and/or parents in accordance with applicable laws.
- In compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, The Company does not collect, store, or track information on students younger than 13 years of age.
- The Company is in compliance with the New York State Education Department’s Bill of Rights for Data Privacy and Security (link). We likely are in compliance with your state or city policies as well – please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Contact us with any and all questions.
Founder & CEO